Followers

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013.


Wow it is 2013! What has this year in store for us all? Reflecting back over the past twelve months, it has been a time of joy and of great sadness. The highlights were our travels to Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka and Korea. Visiting the family in San Francisco and going onto to Hawaii for a week. These travels fill us with beautiful memories and experiences. The two months in the bush were wonderful and connecting with family and friends wherever we go, is the best part of it all. Spending quality time with all five grandchildren has been the cherry on the top for us. For this we feel very blessed.

We said good bye to 2012 by spending the evening with my sister Robyn and her family. Dillion, her ten year old grandson had a wonderful time letting off fireworks in the garden, which Grandpa had provided. We arrived back at our flat at about 10:30 as the car park, at the main beach started filling up. An hour later the place was pumping. Hundreds of people had arrived and crackers were being let off. Just before midnight the pace increased and the night sky was exploding. What a magnificent display! It went on and on. I confess after admiring the display I did think about the Rands that were burning up! But I guess there is no pleasure without the pain. I am glad I do not own any pets as it would have been hell for them If you lived anywhere near the beachfront.

What about 2013? What does it hold in store for us? Some things are out of our control and we have to just wait and see. Personally, I want to read more, write more, quilt more, do some good works, spend more time with family and friends. I would love to learn new things e.g. Painting, be more daring in my quilting, spend more time in my home, declutter, enjoy my music collection, play the piano, cook more creatively and so the list goes on and on. My health is not great at the moment and hopefully this will soon be sorted and I will be able to get back to the gym, which I love. This makes 2013, a year of great possibilities. May I wish you all a year of fun, fulfillment and great HEALTH.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment