Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Time to hit the town.

Soon we were back off to town to visit all our familiar spots. I popped in to look at all the lovely fabric shops.....as in fabric for sarees and punjabi suits.The selection is amazing. I am on the lookout for one or two really nice pieces to make long tops!

The sun was at its zenith and despite my cool clothes and sun hat it was just too darned hot to enjoy being out, After a light lunch of onion  dosas  we stocked up on a couple of beers , some fruit and headed home.

To get to and from the resort we usually use the bus as it only costs five rupees. They are pretty overworked but get everyone from A to B. We are often a source of fascination as not many tourists use these buses.
Today an elderly fellow kept looking at me and pointing at his eyes and then at mine. I thought maybe he is making a pass....mmm but what he was doing was showing  us that he has lovely blue eyes whereas all the other folk have brown!He tried explaining and the only word we understood was" London" so whether his mother/grandmother went to London, or someone naughty from London was responsible, I am not sure! Getting off the bus he stuck his hand out and tried to pinch my bot...so maybe one of his forefathers was El Latino and not from London.
  
That evening Warren decided to return to town to get supplies and goodness me, the sky clouded over, thunder resounded, lightening lit up the black sky and an ALMIGHTY storm broke out. The wind blew wildly, the shutters slammed and the heavens opened. The insects got excited and flew around buzzing like crazy and of course I was stuck with no light whatsoever!! Wow, thank heavens we are on the second floor. Within half an hour it was all over! A drenched Warren arrived back and all was well! I wonder what havoc was wreaked in that short time?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Penny, so impressed that you have a blog, Kierryn has set it up so that I can find it easily, let's hope I remember how! Xx

    ReplyDelete